$100 Android powered Netbook



When I thing about Google, I thing about the biggest name on the Internet and possibly the whole IT industry. I think about the fastest growing company, I think about the latest technologies and the best new projects I have seen in the past years.
When I think about Skytone, I stop and search the internet for further documentation. Then I know I am thinking about a medium company from Guangzhou, China, that is famous for producing Skype headsets and very cheap computer for children.
Because of the two different ways I think about these two companies, it never would have crossed my mind that the first Google Android netbook will be produced by Skytone. Today, Skytone has presented on their website the new Alpha-680 Google Android netbook, available in pink, yellow red and black and with a price tag around $100+.
Like everyone guessed, the specifications for this nebook will be very low. It does come with a flip around touch screen and a built in game pad, but the overall production quality appears to be very low. At least, thanks to Skytone’s experience in Skype headsets and, benefitting from the ADSL, Etherned and WiFi internet connection capabilities, it should work well as a Skype phone.
While the price tag is actually lower than its specifications, I don’t see the use for such a netbook. It should at least provide more RAM memory and more local storage. While there is still hope, since this is not the only Google Android netbook, this should not be the first one to be announced.
In the following months, other Google Android netbooks will reach the market, with some unconfirmed rumors that Apple is planning to build such a netbook. Google Android can definitely be better used that this. But like I said before, there is still hope.

AVG Antivirus and antispyware protection from the world's most trusted security company. Use the Internet with confidence.